Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Blog about why I haven't blogged...


The irony of the name of my blog hasn't escaped me. It's called a Working Mom's World, yet I've blogged maybe once since I actually started working!

It seems I thought I would still have all kinds of spare time once I went back to work full time. I was kidding myself. The days are jammed packed from wake up to bed time. Which these days is pretty darn early. So what's been happening in the past year and a half?

I can't believe I've been back at work for nearly 2 years! 2013 was a really good year for us! I was the Top Performer on my team for the first time! It was good timing since I will be heading off on maternity leave again in August! Yup, Charlotte is going to be a big sister! Baby T 2.0 will be joining us around mid August and we are all excited! Things were a little rougher this time around, my thyroid has been super low, but it seems to be under control now and I can actually function like a normal human during the day!


Charlotte is doing great at daycare, she's comfortably in the preschool room now and she will be there until she starts school. She's fully potty trained (except at night) and she's a talking running machine.



We've converted her crib to a toddler bed and she's so good. She calls for us whenever she needs anything and won't get out of bed! She will be moving to the 3rd bedroom sometime in the next few months. We want to plan the transition so she doesn't think she's moving because the baby is taking her room. She's picked out her paint (yellow and pink). Melvin has his work cut out for him now with the painting and building of the new bed.











Melvin has been busy at work and at the gym. We have a pretty good routine, he drops Charlotte off at daycare and heads over to the gym before work. He's looking forward to the new addition and I think he's hoping for a little baby Melvin!


Early this fall, we had to say goodbye to Oreo. He hurt is neck somehow and it resulted in a slipped disk. We tried steroids and pain medication, but he wasn't able to do anything and wasn't enjoying life as much as he should. Charlotte still asks for him, but she knows he's gone to heaven and I think Rambo still looks for him too.



Otherwise, we've all been pretty good, and busy! Apparently working full time, and keeping up with family and friends and ourselves/eachother takes alot of time and energy! I really want to keep up with the blogging world, so I bought myself a keyboard for my ipad since I'm never on the desktop or the laptop anymore, so we'll see how that goes!

Thanks for reading and I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment